A highly intensive 3-day participative workshop for new supervisors to prepare for the issues they may face
With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training that helps them adjust to their new role. Learning how to supervise your new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement.
This three-day workshop can help you overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter, and to set the groundwork for a successful change in your working life!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Current Supervisors, New Supervisors, Potential Supervisors, Administrators, NGO leaders, Property Building Managers, or any personnel that need to supervise others in the course of their work.
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict
Introduction and Course Overview
- Ice Breaker & Introductions
- Identifying personal learning objectives
- Problems and challenges I face…
Adjusting To Your Role
- A Survival Guide
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Making the Transition
- The Puzzle Exercise
A Supervisor’s Responsibilities
- The Action-Centered Leadership Model
- Considering the Possibilities
- Activity: In the Tourist Market
- Old Sayings with Staying Power
- Urgent-Important Matrix
- Prioritizing Case Study
- The Elements of Planning
- Planning to Plan & Setting Goals
- What is Leadership?
- Brief History of Leadership Studies
- The Leadership Formula
- Activity: Wayang Kulit Modern
The Situational Leadership Model
- About Leadership
- Understanding Your Comfort Zone
What’s Your Type? How About Mine?
- Assessing Your Preferences
- What Does it Mean To Have a Number?
Team Building Tips
- What is A Team?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Teams
- Activity: Green Vegetables
Developing a High-Performance Team
- The Five Stages of Team Development
- How Can I Help?
- Team Problem Solving
- Team Leadership
- Defining Communication
- Communication Barriers
- Active Listening Skills
- Questioning Skills & Probing Techniques
- The Communication Process
- To Motivate or Instigate
- Making Connections
Orientation and Onboarding
- The First 48 Hours
- How Did Your Orientation Rate?
Training Tips and Tricks
- Guidelines for Effective Training
- Developing Your Training Skills
- Six Characteristics of Effective Feedback
- Skill Building
- Receiving Feedback
Doing Delegation Right
- What is Delegation? Defining Delegation
- Delegation Role Plays
Dealing With Conflict
- The Conflict-Resolution Process
- The Problem Solving Process
- The Conference
Managing Disciplinary Issues
- What is Discipline?
- The Disciplinary Meeting
- A Sample Discipline Checklist
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
A HIGHLY INTERACTIVE PROGRAM – with lots of audience participation
Our trainers use the 40%-expert-input-/-60%-audience-participation formula in this training program. For maximum learning impact and retention, they use audience participation techniques such as individual exercises, group exercises / discussions, peer-teaching activities, case studies, role plays, humor, kinesthetic exercises, super-learning inducement / stress release exercises, subconscious-mind conditioning activities, music, and watching and discussing video clips.
ENDORSEMENTS: Validated by EDS Advance Academy, Asia Pacific, in collaboration with Southern Luzon State University, Batangas State University, Sultan Kudarat Polytechnic State College, Ifugao State College for Agriculture & Forestry, Laguna State Polytechnic University, Palawan State University, Akamai University, and American Heritage University for CEU award purposes
Programs Offered In: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, UAE, Czech Republic, and USA
HRD Gateway International Management Development Centre Faculty
Used under licence
Trainers Conducting This Program: