A highly intensive 2-day participative workshop on marketing with social media for increased exposure and higher visibility
Every day, more and more people are interacting with each other through social media. In fact, it’s been said that everyone nowadays gets their news on social media first before they get the news anywhere else.
The numbers speak for themselves – as at mid-2016, it is now estimated that around 68.6% of the Malaysian population (21,090,777) are active internet users.
A large chunk of this has been attributed to social media use. This shows clearly how much social media remains an evolving aspect of our daily lives in addition to being a part of our businesses.
This 2-day course is therefore designed for people who have some familiarity with social media already. Participants will learn to develop a social media marketing plan as a part of their overall marketing strategy, determine who should be on their team, and choose how they will measure what is taking place.
In addition, participants will also explore some of the major social media sites and look at how specialty sites and social media management tools can take their social media marketing to the next level.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
President/CEO, directors, senior managers, mid-level managers and executives, sales teams and marketing teams – employees of all levels who engage with the outside world in any form, especially through online methods.
- Ability to describe the value of social media to their marketing plan
- Create and launch a social media marketing plan
- Knowing how to select the right resources for a social media marketing team
- Ability to define how to use social media to build an internal community
- Know how to use metrics to measure the impact of a social media plan
- Manage difficult social media situations
- See features of some of the key social media sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Ability to decide whether a blog adds value to a social media plan
- Speak about specialty sites and social medial management tools
- Stay on top of social media trends and adjust plans as the online world evolves
NOTE: Some of the topics listed below can be customized to suit the needs of the participants.
Introduction and Course Overview
- Ice Breaker & Introductions
- Identifying personal learning objectives
- Problems and challenges I face…
- What is Social Media?
- Discussion: What’s the Current Social Media Strategy?
- Phubbing: Impact of Social Media in Recent times
Understanding the Marketing Mix
- The 5 P’s and Social Media
- Exercise Your Muscle
- Activity: Ask For It!
Developing a Social Media Plan
- Things to Think About
- Utilization Guidelines
- Expanding Your Digital Presence
- What’s the Value?
Building Your Social Media Team
- Building the Team
- The Community
- Building Internal Communities
- Does It Mean Everyone is Online All the Time?
- Making it Work
Analyzing Your Impact with Metrics
- Useful Metrics and Understanding Metrics
- Timing is Everything
- Keeping on Top of the Trends
- Damage Control – That’s Not Good!
- Get Smart
- Getting Started
- Building Your Community
- Taking it Further
- LinkedIn Essentials
- Setting Up Your Account
- Getting Connected
- Tweeting – and Making it Memorable
- Using Lists
Building a Blog
- Should I Be Blogging?
- Blog Rules
- Help People Find You
- What Will I Write About?
- Planning Your Blog
- Vlogs and YouTube
Launching Your Plan
- Using Specialty Sites
- Using Social Media Management Tools
- Pulling Everything Together
- Preparing for Delivery or Upgrade
- Words from the Wise
- Workshop debrief plus Q&A
- Developing An Action Plan
A HIGHLY INTERACTIVE PROGRAM – with lots of audience participation
Our trainers use the 40%-expert-input-/-60%-audience-participation formula in this training program. For maximum learning impact and retention, they use audience participation techniques such as individual exercises, group exercises / discussions, peer-teaching activities, case studies, role plays, humor, kinesthetic exercises, super-learning inducement / stress release exercises, subconscious-mind conditioning activities, music, and watching and discussing video clips.
ENDORSEMENTS: Validated by EDS Advance Academy, Asia Pacific, in collaboration with Southern Luzon State University, Batangas State University, Sultan Kudarat Polytechnic State College, Ifugao State College for Agriculture & Forestry, Laguna State Polytechnic University, Palawan State University, Akamai University, and American Heritage University for CEU award purposes
Programs Offered In: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, UAE, Czech Republic, and USA
HRD Gateway International Management Development Centre Faculty
Used under licence
Trainers Conducting This Program: